CFP Board® Approves Continuing Education Hours for New Online Medicare Curriculum
–Medicare Rights Center makes it Easier for Financial Advisors to become “Medicare Smart”–
New York, NY—The Certified Financial Planners (CFP) Board® has approved continuing education (CE) hours for Certified Financial Planners™ who successfully complete Medicare Interactive Pro (MI Pro), the online Medicare curriculum recently launched by the Medicare Rights Center.
The Medicare Rights Center, a national nonprofit consumer service organization, is the largest and most reliable independent source of Medicare information and assistance in the United States.
“Financial advisors routinely call our national helpline, attend our webinars, and use our educational materials to better assist their clients with preparing for their health care needs and costs,” said Medicare Rights Center President Joe Baker. “With MI Pro, Certified Financial Planners™ can now learn Medicare at their own pace while earning continuing education hours from the CFP Board® at the same time.”
MI Pro offers two programs approved by the CFP Board® for CE hours– the Intensive and an Overview:
- Medicare Intensive for Financial Planners – 17 CE Hours; $272 for 6 months
This 17-module intensive program provides in-depth knowledge of the rules and regulations regarding Medicare – everything from Medicare coverage options, coordination of benefits, and Late Enrollment Penalties to Income-Related Monthly Adjustment Amounts (IRMAA), the appeals process, and available assistance programs.
- Medicare Overview for Financial Planners – 5 CE Hours; $128 for 4 months
This 8-module overview covers just the essentials, from coverage options and enrollment periods to the coordination of benefits between Medicare and other forms of insurance.
MI Pro subscribers have access to:
- Interactive activities and knowledge quizzes
- Automatic course bookmarking so learners can continue where they left off
- An array of printable supplementary tools and fliers
- Review tests at the end of every course –pass the course with a grade of 80% or higher and download a certificate of completion
- Educational content vetted by a team of Medicare Rights Center experts
- Closed captioning
For more information about MI Pro and other Medicare Rights’ education resources, please contact Jay Johnson, director of education & outreach, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 212-204-6234.